2 August 2010

Choc Chip Cookies... yum yum

M has been asking to bake cookies for ages. I've never actually baked biscuits or cookies before, so I guess that is why I was hesitating. Or maybe it was because I knew I would eat them all. Then I found this recipe. I found it via another lovely blog, but I cannot remember where.

 
So, here's what you do. These were just delicious and kid-friendly to make.
  • 125g butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup caster sugar
  • 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons, very firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 2/3 cup self-raising flour
  • 1 cup plain flour
  • About 1 rounded cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (160 degrees fan-forced).
  • Line one to three large baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
  • Using an electric mixer or electric hand-held beaters, beat butter, caster sugar, brown sugar and vanilla together until pale and creamy.
  • Add the egg and beat until well combined.
  • Stir the plain flour and self-raising flour together in a small bowl.
  • Add the flour and chocolate chips to the butter mixture and stir until well combined.
  • Form heaped teaspoons of dough into balls and place balls about 6cm apart on a baking tray.
  • Bake for about 13-15 minutes, or until cookies are lightly golden but still very soft (they will firm up on cooling).
  • The longer the baking time the crunchier the cookies will be.










The finished product. Yum!

No comments: