4 August 2010

Health investment

I had to buy a new pair of shoes. Exercise, gym... those kind of shoes. After a bit of research, I realised I have to view this as an investment in my ongoing health. Because these things are expensive! Yay, birthday money from my mum and grandparents. After much umming and ahhing, I ended up with these, by Asics.

Mine are not pink, don't worry, I haven't lost my head! They're red and silver. Apparently, the "GEL-Nimbus 12 continues to be the leading cushioned running shoe for the neutral foot type".

I seriously needed new shoes as my old gym shoes were close to ten years old. That was the last time I was in a sports shoe store, and wow, shoe technology has changed in that time! Some of it seems ridiculous to me. But I tell you what, these babies feel like slippers when I put them on. I also invested in some cushioned socks. I feel fitter already! Joking. But hopefully I will feel more supported and my feet won't go numb they usually do at the gym.

Now to find a new sports bra or two. Next mission.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Sounds like you got a great new pair of shoes. Runners are expensive I am sure they will be worth every cent.