24 August 2010

Salad days


Today there were no left overs for lunch. There's no soup in the freezer. I don't really like sandwiches. So, two weeks ago I would have dropped in to a nasty place for lunch. I'm embarrassed to admit I would have bought something from a drive-through window or I would have picked up a frozen meal.

Today, because I am trying to live in a new head space, a space that is kind to myself, I made a salad. A salad with vegetables, protein and a little bit of carbs. A sprinkling of balsamic. A salad and some water.

I have had a few naughty moments, with chips (crisps) sneaking in. But I have been going to the gym, enjoying it too! I actually enjoyed Body attack yesterday, even though I did feel like I was going to pass out. I enjoyed spin class on Sunday morning, even though I felt all grey and vomitty afterwards.

I am conscious of the choices I am making. I hope it begins to show up on my body soon.

{image}

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I not a huge fan of sandwiches myself and I have been known to purchase drive-through lunches too. Your salad sounds delicious. I have recently (in the last two weeks) started thinking about what food I eat, I don’t think I have lost any weight yet and I am feeling better within myself. I feel less guilty when I am making healthy choices.