7 December 2010

It's summer time!


Seriously, you would not know it at the moment, but it is. I read Chantelle's post over at Fat Mum Slim and she inspired me write a list of the things I love about summer. Just so I can pretend it feels summery up here on the Gold Coast. It's been raining for weeks here and although it's quite steamy, we haven't had beach weather for a long few weeks!

So, a few things I love about summer...

swimming at the beach
bowls of summer fruit with yoghurt
smells of salt, sunscreen and frangipanis
sleeping with no cover
BBQs
 beach dresses and thongs
my kids running around in just undies or a nappy
sharing a cold drink in the afternoons
gelato or sorbets in the sun
breakfast at the beach

We also have a little summer break to look forward to now! Both Itay and I have the week off between Christmas Day and New Year, and we have a beautiful friend who has offered us her empty apartment in Hervey Bay during that time. Divine! I'm so thrilled, it feels perfect.

No comments: