Seriously, this is the easiest and most delicious recipe for banana cake ever. The kids love to help with this one, and it uses minmal kitchen stuff. Less washing up!
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 to 3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/4 cup of milk
* melt the butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan
* add mashed banana, stir through
* add eggs, mix in well
* stir in flour
* add milk, mix lightly
* pour in to muffin cases or a loaf pan or a cake tin
* bake at 170 degrees for (up to) 40 minutes.
*I freeze any bananas that are going black, then defrost, peel and mash for this recipe.
* The muffins we just cooked took about 25-30 minutes. I think is depends on your oven, so keep an eye on it.
Photos straight out of camera - an activity while the boyo was sleeping. I love her apron and glove, so cute! A birthday present from my cousin and family.
So, no photos of how they turned out. Let's just say they were delicious!
And she loved playing with the rest of muffin cases while they were cooking.