10 October 2011

point + shoot {weekend la la}

This was a very pink weekend. The 5th birthday party celebrations were just about as pink as can be, and she loved every minute!





My creation. She requested a princess castle almost a year ago and here it is. My first attempt at baking and decorating anything remotely complicated. Although it is indeed very dodgy, I am proud! There are lumps, bumps, a ridiculous backwards lean and would you check out the engineering on the turrets?! Regardless, she loved it. At bed time, as I kissed her goodnight, she told me she nearly burst in to tears when she saw the cake. It made my day. I'm so glad it made hers. Happy birthday, darling M. I love you this much.

Joining in with point + shoot over here with Lou.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

oo I want a birthday cake like that for my birthday!! :)

Happy Monday!

Me 'N My Monkeys said...

Loving the 2nd photo. Sounds like the perfect party!
Awesome Cake x

shambolicliving said...

Beautiful party, every little girl's dream.