25 October 2011

What I'm reading right now

Here's another pile of books. What I'm reading right now, intending to read or just finished.


Skinny - Ibi Kaslik. An interesting read, am only a few pages in so far.

The Book of It - Bev Aisbett. A friend recommended this one, it's 10 steps to conquering anxiety. Originally she suggested it to help M, but I might find it useful myself. Yet to read this one.

The Book Thief - Marcus Zusak. OK, I'm stalled on this one. So many have said this is a fabulous book but for some reason, I'm stuck on page 57 and I can't decide whether to keep going. Thoughts?

Four of the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris - I've now finished book 11 of this series. Love them. I am a latecomer to this series and I haven't yet watched the TV series. I will definitely be hiring this to watch though! Addictive reading.

Mud, Sweat and Tears - Bear Grylls. This is one I'm yet to read. His TV show makes me cringe and laugh all at the same time. I figured his story would be an interesting read.

real living magazine - I love my subscription to this magazine!

What are you reading at the moment? Do you think I should keep going with The Book Thief?

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm reading "Thinking in Pictures and other reports from my life with autism" by Temple Grandin. I've wanted to read it since I first read about it and I finally have it. And I'm stalled on the first chapter. You'd think that with one (possibly 2) ASD boy(s), this would be right up my alley, but I don't know. Could be a pain thing. My pain levels are through the roof.

I just finished "I am Najood. Aged 10 and divorced" about a little Yemeni girl.

Before that "Stories I only tell my friends" by Rob Lowe 3 autobiographies in a row..

I suspect my next book will be pure chick lit fluff. :D

I'd walk away from The Book Thief and read something completely different. Then come back and start from the beginning. I've had to do that a couple of times with books that have wound up being on my favorites list.

Peta said...

KEEP READING BLYTHE!!!

yes, i was shouting.

my all-time-hands-down favourite book.

Michelle said...

You have to finish The Book Thief it is only just getting into it! I have been telling everyone from taxi drivers to work collegues to read that book, it's my favourite read so far :)

Blythe said...

OK, so I have to keep reading the Book Thief, right! Melissa, I will look out for "I am Najood. Aged 10 and divorced", those stories always interest me.

Anonymous said...

the Book theif is AMAHZING...keep reading it gets better I promise xx

Nic

Anonymous said...

Just this year I've been gripped by anxiety, something I've always considered to be a bit of a cop out I must admit...until I experienced it myself. I just downloaded the book of it, thanks Blythe...let's hope it helps because I am exhausted by it! Susan xx

Kelly said...

Love, love, love the Sookie Stackhouse books! Enjoy them!

Blythe said...

Susan, I hope it helps. I still haven't started it, better get on to it. let me know what you think. Anxiety is awful. :(