23 November 2011

I love the green stuff

We spend a silly amount of money buying fresh herbs. My mum's amazing green thumb (she's a horticulturalist!) has definitely skipped me and so all my efforts wilt and fail.

We just love fresh herbs in our meals, and so we were so happy to receive huge bunches of herbs from two friends and my mum recently. We had so many, we've tried freezing them for the first time.


Don't you just love our speckled avocado green laminex bench? So stylish.




Do you freeze leftover fresh herbs? Does it work for you? Any freezing tips? And what am I doing wrong, why can't I grow these fabulous plants?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I know what you mean I hate having to buy herbs as well. Still yet to grow basil and thats one I love to buy for pesto, salads, pasta, everything! I keep mine in bags in the fridge and they keep for weeks, I've never tried to freeze though so can't help you there, sorry!