19 November 2011

Reading right now


Here's another pile of books I've been reading.

The Possibility of Everything by Hope Edelman. She also wrote Motherless Daughters. I didn't particularly enjoy this book. It's written around a trip she and her family made to Beliza, to take their three year old daughter to Mayan healers. This was to help banish  a disruptive imaginary friend that the little girl was holding on to. Interesting but I wasn't held fast by this one.

Left Neglected by Lisa Genova. Wow, an extremely fascinating story of an extremely busy career woman experiencing a car crash, and as a result of this crash, suffering a condition called Left Neglect. The left side of her life just didn't exist. I had to research this condition after reading the book. The body and the brain is just so truly amazing. This is the author who wrote Still Alice, a very interesting story of a woman suffering from early-onset Alzheimer’s.
You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay. This book has been in my life for quite a few years, as I gave this actual book to my mum. We swap it back and forth between us as we feel the need for it.

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. Chick lit. Love this guy! He wrote Nights in Rodanthe, The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, Dear John... All are also gorgeous movies in the chick flick genre.

Tea with Arwa by Arwa el Masri. This book is written by the wife of the football player Hazem el Masri. I enjoyed reading the story of her life, falling in love with her husband and taking the veil by choice.

Real Living magazine. Just love.

Not pictured is the Rhythm of Family by Amanda Soule and her husband. I'm a faithful reader of her blog, SouleMama.

What are you reading at the moment? Any recommendations?

No comments: