6 January 2012

Reading right now

This is the pile of books I borrowed before the Christmas long, long weekend. You've probably noticed, I read very fast. Super fast, actually. I adore reading. I'm sure I have mentioned that before!


Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Jonathon Safran Foer. I sought out this book after I saw the short for the movie. The central character and main narrator is a boy who lost his father in the September 11 attacks. It was quite a complex story, presented by several narrators, with letters, conversations and unusual typography. I didn't really enjoy this one and it didn't make me want to go and see the movie.

The Bronze Horseman - Paullina Simons. This books has been mentioned to me a few times by friends and blog readers. I'll be honest, I haven't read this one yet. I'll report back in!

The History of the World According to Facebook - Wylie Overstreet. A parody, of course. Pretty funny.

Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant send An Idiot Abroad - The travel diaries of Karl Pilkington (Diclaimer: I don't know where I am supposed to italicize there.) I flicked through this one. While it is funny, as is the TV show, I also find it frustrating. Really? Is he just like that or is it an act?

Decorate - Becker & Copestick. I love Holly's blog, decor8. This book wasn't what I expected, but having said that - I'm not sure what I expected! Lovely to flick through and envy. So much style out there!

So... Not such a successful pile here. Now, there could be another reason for that... And there is. Instead of actually enjoying this pile, instead I became addicted to The Vampire Academy series! Written by Richelle Mead, I loved this series of six books. Light reading, but fun. Perfect holiday reading!

2 comments:

Veronica said...

my son and i love 'an idiot abroad'. we have often wondered the same about Karl. he is a very unique person. i love that about him though. ricky gervais is a very clever and very funny man. happy new year to you! xo

Michelle said...

I read 'extremely loud and incredibly close' late last year and thought it was a bit weird too, although the movie might be able to explain the different stories a bit better