23 August 2012

Finding style

I know I've mentioned this before, but as I grow older, I'm losing my identity. I have no style. I look in the mirror and see a ravaged face, acne scars, deep grey circles under my eyes. I see a deformed, misshapen body. I see thin, lifeless, lank hair that seems almost bare in patches since having children. I see and feel no style, no love for my body. No respect for my body. Oh man, I have some work to do.



I feel mumsy. I know I am a mum, I love my kids and I know it is the biggest role of my life. But I don't feel fresh or fun or stylish. I need to embrace colour, I want to express myself a little more. Any ideas? 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Owww Blythe sounds like you need a day of pampering .. get a massage, facial, paint your nails. Even a trip to the hairdressers for a new cut and colour will make you feel great about yourself. You could have your colours done to see what colours suit you and then go shopping with an honest friend to help you pick out some new clothes. Accessories like a funky necklace, scarf or belt will make you feel trendy without spending heaps of money :)