3 May 2013

And so... a little about me.

I think most people who read my blog know me in real life with just a handful of cyber friends reading. I'm not generally one for doing awards or memes but today I'm in a mood to actually think about what I'm writing for and who I am. I struggle with remembering me sometimes.
 
Recently, Michelle from Jarrah Jungle nominated me for a blog award. Michelle lives in Perth, Australia and writes about her home renovations, her dog and her life. (Michelle is also my only commenter these days - thank you, Michelle!) While I won't nominate anyone, I'll answer Michelle's questions. Here we go:

1. Describe yourself in only 5 words?
Seriously, this is hard. I can only think of three. Mum, wife, book-reader. Umm... it hurts my brain to think of anything else.

2. How would your friends describe you?

I really do not know. I have not nourished or treasured my friendships nearly enough in the past 10 years, so I honestly don't know what they would say.  

3. What is your favourite season, Summer, Spring, Autumn or Winter?

I love spring, with the promise of warmth, flowers and a return to beach swimming. But summer, oh how I love summer. If you read this blog, you know how much I lvoe the beach. Sun. Summer wins for me. 

4. What would you take with you to a deserted island?

Books. Camera. Water. Sunscreen.Good food.
 
5. What is your favourite line from a movie?

"I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking her to love me."

6. What country is on your travel destination wish list?

Italy. The food, the countryside, Venice, the food.

7. What is your dream job?

Photgrapher. Writer.

8. Where do you see yourself 3 years from now?

Again, a really difficult question to answer. In our own home, camping, exploring, both kids at school, taking photographs of our adventures.

9. Why did you start your blog?

I started writing a diary on Essential Baby in about 2004. I wrote almost daily in this online diary until a year or so after M was born. I then swapped over to a blog in late 2006, going private for the most part. I started this public blog in about 2011. I wrote to capture my thoughts, feelings and emotions. I still do, but with the thought in my mind that it is the internet, and anyone can read!
 
10. Where did the name of your blog come from?

Well, I'm Blythe. And this is my life.
 
11. What has surprised you the most about blogging?
 
I think about things I want to blog but not nearly often enough to get these thoughts get on to the page. I'm surprised at how often I am just stuck for words, and so I don't blog. I'm surprised at how often I'll read a blog post out there in blogging land and it is just so identical to how I'm feeling or what I'm experiencing. I'm also surprised at how commercial blogging has become, and how specific blogs just seem to strike that perfect commercial note and the writer can actually work and make a living as a blogger.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thanks for answering my questions it is great to know more about you ... if you class me as a friend and from what I know of you I would describe you as dedicated to your family, sun loving and adventurous!