1 June 2013

Blogs I love

I'm addicted to blogs. I'm pretty up/down/in/out about posting regularly in my own blog, but I read other blogs every single day. I love seeing snippets of other people's lives, the wisdom, the joy, the creativity, the inspiration, the everyday.
 
I love reading about Shawni’s full life, packed to the brim with five children. They just seem to fit so much in to their lives. I’m also fascinated by their lifestyle and their religion. I love her photos, the intense joy in family. Family is the focus. It’s a record of their life, and I guess that’s what I write about too. I feel amazed, slightly inspired and awed after I visit her blog. How do they juggle it all, how do they fit it all in? How is it that they have such strong relationships with their huge extended family?
 
A Beautiful Mess

This is a new read for me, but these sisters are just cool. I love their style, their playfulness, the mix of posts. Most of it is all out of my reach but I love their carefree style, the DIY and styling. I'm not even sure it is my style, in fact, it's probably not me. But I do love it, the vintage, retro cool. I don't have the time or inclination to make fancy, fabulous cocktails and sit on my porch drinking them, but I love to read about it!
 
This blog is so upbeat, so pretty and how is it that they are just so much in love? Mara's honesty about her fertility journey is very refreshing. her smile is brilliant and her take on life is so very positive.

Some of Brooke's posts make me almost want to jump out of my seat shouting "yes! that's it!". Sensible, affirming, simple and just inspiring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I've said, I love reading blogs. On the down side, there are quite a few blogs that I click out of feeling… low. Bad about myself as a mother, my lack of creativity and motivation. Then when I attempt to write on my blog about how I’m really feeling, something holds me back. Who wants to read about misery or depression? My self loathing, disgust? No one. And that is why bloggers seem to focus on the good, the pretty, the lovely moments. Because who wants to read about the shitty stuff, right? That may be why I don't write much. Real life, nitty gritty washing dishes cleaning the toilet doing the washing getting the kids to school going to work five days a week paying the bills... Real life is sometimes not so pretty. Some blogs are just gorgeous, pure escapism! So there are quite a few facets to blogging, I must say.
 
Which blogs are you enjoying at the moment?

No comments: