12 November 2013

Weekend adventures

Recently, we took an impromptu drive in our new car. We came across some of these:


Llamas or alpacas? I think they're alpacas.


 

Some views like these...

 
And then this big gate, newly welded shut. No more exploring for us.

 
We ended up here, at the Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk. 300 metres of bridge, 30 metres up in the air. I stepped on and began to sweat and my stomach heaved. Pasting on a smily, happy, isn't-this-so-fun face, I clenched the railing and painstakingly walked behind my family. Even my feet were sweating. The platform that you walk along is mesh, so you can see straight down, and you can get your thongs (flip flops) caught in it. I was hating every second.


Family were loving it.  


The skywalk itself was quite short (even with a very intense dislike of open steps/mesh and hating every step) and then the rest of the walk was pretty bland. I'll be very honest, it was a complete rip off. I do realise we are very blessed to live somewhere that we can experience scenes far prettier than that in the photo above for free, and less than an hour from home. The cost left me with a very sour taste. Anyway, the kids thought it was fun and that's what counts. And I don't think they suspected that I was white knuckled and grinding my teeth while walking across the bridges!

No comments: