16 December 2013

My baby boy


My little guy. He is the sweetest, funniest boy in the world. Cheeky smile and a whole heartd belly laugh along with a wicked sense of humour. He keeps us smiling and laughing! Just look at hime - sweet, right?!
 
He also worries us. He's tiny, I know I have written about this before. At 4.5 years old, he has two pairs of size 0 shorts that fit. He only just fits a few size 3 pairs of shorts. He has been sick on and off forever (since he was 11 weeks old to be exact). Recently he has been much healthier and has recovered much faster when he has been sick.
 
A couple of weeks ago we met with the deputy and principal of M's school, to "fight" for permission to delay O's entry in to Prep. We won and I hate to even say that we had to fight. O is in the right age bracket to start next year (he turns 5 by June 30th next year) but he is just not ready. We need to give him every chance to be as big and as strong as his classmates. His coping skills and his non-ability to cope with change need so much time and practice. I am so, so relieved that we are able to delay his first year of school until 2015. Logistically and cost wise, yes it would be easier to send him to school. But this journey of school is a long one and it is not only about where you start this journey. He may not have a growth spurt until he is 16 or even older, and he needs to be given the chance to build his coping skills too.
 
On Thursday he had his day care Christmas concert. Each year at day care, both my kids have cried and cried. This year was no different, except I joined in too. Why is it so hard for my boy? He was the only one in the whole class to sob the entire way through ten songs and Santa visiting.
 
I love him so. I hope he is OK. Parenting is so, so hard.

No comments: