2 September 2014

Hello, blog

The stairs are creaking, the door protests and I'm wiping away cobwebs. Hello, blog.

What's been happening? Well, I didn't make Dry July but I did get to the three week mark. I think I'll try February next time!

Work is insane and very stressful. Constantly learning and being challenged, well and truly out of my comfort zone on a daily basis, juggling many, many tasks and often working just a little too fast and not quite getting it right. This is mentally exhausting and I'm not sure exactly how to slow it all down.

Kids are delightful and hard and beautiful and funny.

We're heading to Thailand for two weeks on Sunday. Crazy good and crazy hard all at the same time. It's been a few years since we've taken such a long family holiday (three years actually!) so there's been quite a bit going on to get this all organised. New passports for the girl and I, timed in with new driver's license, rates, water, car regos and insurances all at the same time. Phew! If only I could redo my passport photo - M looks like a child supermodel and I look like I need to wash my hair. We're looking forward to family time, beach and pool, adventures and new experiences for our little people.

Here we are, my funny face girl and I. (A very rare photo of me.) I hope to be back on this little blogging space, sooner rather than later. xx



1 comment:

Jill Barrass said...

Good one ! Hope you all have a wonderful time in Thailand !!! Wondered where you have been all these weeks !! I love your blog Blythe - so down to earth. Can't wait to hear about your Holiday!! Go well.